Share this story
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on Twitter
- All sharing options
Share All sharing options for: Chelsea 2-4 Wolves, Premier League: Post-match reaction, ratings
The teams traded early chances in the first five minutes, with Petrovic making a couple stops and then Nkunku just barely missing at the other end.
Things settled down a bit after that start, with Chelsea maintaining most of the possession but Wolves carrying the larger threat on counters and turnovers.
But it looked like we might be in for a good day when Caicedo found Palmer with a glorious angled through-ball, and Palmer made no mistake, finishing with his right foot into the bottom left corner.
Chelsea’s lead lasted barely two minutes however, after Caicedo got caught on the ball at the halfway line, and Cunha got lucky when his shot took a massive deflection off Thiago Silva.
Chelsea huffed and puffed to restore our advantage, but it would be Wolves to score next, via another deflection, this time off Axel Disasi, who got credited with the own goal as well. That may have been lucky for them, but the play leading to the chance was excellent and it made mincemeat of our defending.
Chelsea began the second half much more brightly, but neither Sterling nor Palmer could produce the requisite quality to finish the chances created.
And then Wolves hit on the counter once again, and this time they didn’t need a deflection as Cunha blasted the ball beyond Petrovic.
We would waste a couple more excellent chances, but the game had been well lost by then.
Our misery would be complete with Cunha completing his hat-trick from the penalty spot. Thiago Silva’s header from a Mudryk corner was little more than consolation after that — though we still had time to miss a couple glorious opportunities in the ten minutes of time added-on.
- Couple changes from midweek, with Nkunku and Gusto fit to be in from the start
- Jackson makes his return, but gets only a couple minutes alongside Nkunku
- Chelsea drop into the bottom half of the table once again, with Wolves moving up to 10th
- 10-match home unbeaten run over; back-to-back defeats in the league with eight goals given up
- Next up: FA Cup replay against Aston Villa, away
- WATCH: Guro Reiten spot kick opens the scoring for Chelsea against Everton! 1-0!
- Pochettino: We are all not good enough, no one can be safe
- Chelsea vs. Everton, Women’s Super League: Confirmed lineups; how to watch
- WATCH: Thiago Silva pulls one back for Chelsea against Wolves, 2-4!
- WATCH: Cole Palmer opens the scoring for Chelsea against Wolves! 1-0!
- Chelsea vs. Wolves, Premier League: Live blog; highlights
Chelsea News 24/7
This article discusses a Chelsea 2-4 Wolves, Premier League: Post-match reaction, ratings. While the original article provides a comprehensive overview of the research, I would like to add my own opinion that this breakthrough is a significant step forward in the Chelsea 2-4 Wolves, Premier League: Post-match reaction, ratings. I believe that this research has the potential around the world.
This article is based on an Chelsea 2-4 Wolves, Premier League: Post-match reaction, ratings. You can read the full interview here: https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2024/2/4/24061062/chelsea-2-4-wolves-premier-league-post-match-reaction-ratings