Share this story
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on Twitter
Diana Belbita can breathe a slight sigh of relief after her latest fight.
The Romanian-Canadian strawweight was on the wrong end of a nasty armbar submission Saturday at UFC Vegas 58 as she was forced to tap out with seconds remaining in the opening round of her preliminary fight with Molly McCann. Unfortunately for Belbita, she couldn’t tap fast enough, as her arm could be seen popping as the bout came to a close.
Afterward, Belbita confirmed a report from Sportsnet that her arm was not broken, though she left open the possibility that she may have suffered a ligament tear.
No broken bone. I have to do an MRI as soon as I get back into Canada. It feels like a torn ligament
— Diana Belbiță (@DianaBelbita) February 4, 2024
“No broken bone,” Belbita wrote. “I have to do an MRI as soon as I get back into Canada. It feels like a torn ligament.”
Should there be a tear in Belbita’s arm, it will likely keep her on the shelf for a good portion of 2024.
Belbita was fighting McCann for the second time after dropping a decision to the Englishwoman in an October 2019 flyweight bout. With the loss, Belbita sees her UFC record drop to 2-5.
Get the latest gear
- Mike Tyson Autographed Boxing Glove
- Bruce Lee Legacy T-Shirt
- UFC Women’s Authentic Fight Night Walkout Jersey
- Tyson Fury Contenders Boxer Briefs
- Return of CM Punk T-Shirt
- Sylvester Stallone Autographed Boxing Glove
- CM Punk Best in the World T-Shirt
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage
- Max Holloway talks Alexander Volkanovski’s quick return from knockout, declares ‘I really want my 145 title back’
- Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk rescheduled to May 18, promoter threatens $10 million fine for pullout
- ‘Someone getting fired tomorrow’: Fighters react to odd judge’s score, weird UFC Vegas 85 main event
- UFC Vegas 85 Results: Dolidze vs. Imavov
- Tyson Fury withdraws from Oleksandr Usyk fight due to cut in training, Francis Ngannou reacts
- UFC Vegas 85 predictions
- ‘Someone getting fired tomorrow’: Fighters react to odd judge’s score, weird UFC Vegas 85 main event Fighters were both entertained and befuddled by the UFC Vegas 85 main event between Nassourdine Imavov and Roman Dolidze.
- Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk rescheduled to May 18, promoter threatens $10 million fine for pullout Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk has a new date after the Feb. 17 heavyweight showdown was postponed.
This article discusses a Diana Belbita avoids broken arm after ugly submission loss, torn ligament possible. While the original article provides a comprehensive overview of the research, I would like to add my own opinion that this breakthrough is a significant step forward in the Diana Belbita avoids broken arm after ugly submission loss, torn ligament possible. I believe that this research has the potential around the world.
This article is based on an Diana Belbita avoids broken arm after ugly submission loss, torn ligament possible. You can read the full interview here: https://www.mmafighting.com/2024/2/4/24060936/diana-belbita-avoids-broken-arm-after-ugly-submission-loss-torn-ligament-possible